What is a Geriatric Care Manager?
A Geriatric Care Manager is a health and human services specialist who acts as a guide and advocate for families who are caring for older relatives or disabled adults. The Geriatric Care Manager is educated and experienced in any of several fields related to care management, including, but not limited to nursing, gerontology, social work, or psychology, with a specialized focus on issues related to aging and elder care.
The Geriatric Care Manager assists clients in attaining their maximum functional potential. The individual’s independence is encouraged, while safety and security concerns are also addressed. Geriatric Care Managers are able to address a broad range of issues related to the well-being of their client. They also have extensive knowledge about the costs, quality, and availability of resources in their communities.
Get the proper help. Make your life easier by giving us a call today!
Families frequently question when they should contact a Geriatric Care Manager. Please call us if you are:
- Overwhelmed and need assistance navigating the system.
- Given this brochure by a physician, attorney, or care company.
- Concerned as to the severity of a family member’s condition.
- Stressed and don’t know which way to turn.
- Confused about the next step or family members disagree about options.
- Unable to continue caring for a family member by yourself.
- Committed to working with experienced professionals who genuinely care about your family member.